Monday, February 26, 2007


2-26-07

More pics...





Sunrise over the villa up the street from us.






Which of these do you use? Yes, that's a porcelein hole in the floor with foot pads so you can do the one hung low squat! Um....the only time I want to do THAT is in the woods, not in my house.


Moving on....sorry these are not clearer but it was very overcast and snowing today. Plus, these were taken from a moving vehicle...


The morning commute. I'll NEVER complain about my commute in Atlanta again. This is incredible and beyond words. Cars, pedestrians, kids selling things, people on bikes -- all on the street on a mission. There are no lines on the road to seperate lanes. There are no rules of passing except to honk then floor it. It's so crazy, that our driver this morning bumped a guy walking to get him to move. The ex-pats here that drive are told not to stop if they hit someone or run over them or are in an accident. A mob will form and you'll stand no chance against them. It's just THAT crazy!







A bike shop (you knew I'd fine these!)








Typical street scene









"if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either." II Thessalonians 3:10


Amidst the poverty and ruins, the people work. In fact, they realized that a 5 day work week was not enough to get their economy rolling and to restore the country so they are now on a 6 day work week.


I wish I could share more of my pictures, but I'm getting a little frusatrated with loading them on the blog tonight. The blog site is not cooperating and I've spent the better part of 2 hours just getting these up. It's getting late here and I still have some work to do before morning. I'll try to get the pictures transferred to a photo sharing site sometime soon so you can see them all.

No comments: