Wednesday, December 12, 2007

12DEC07
Phone Calls

As I mentioned earlier, one phone call can change your life. A relative passes. You get a new job. An old friend calls to say hello. All of these open a new chapter in our lives while closing a previous one. Some calls we look forward to. Others we dread. Some are freeing, taking a weight off our shoulders. I had a call like this the other day. It took awhile for everything to process in my head but by the time I left work the next day, it was all pretty clear. I went for the most freeing run of the year last night. Words like stronger and liberated have defined the last couple days. I've slept better than I have in probably two months. I've had this neverending pain in my left shoulder....and it's gone - literally overnight. My phone has been ringing with texts and messages and calls from friends. I've gotten emails from old friends this week. I'm not sure if they know how much the calls and messages mean.

It's just nice to know that certain people in your life want to be there. I hope you have friends who let you know that you're important. And don't forget to let them know it as well.

No comments: